Dr. Michaël Thanacody & Dr. Olivier Wolff
Diaconat-Fonderie Medical Clinic
1 Rue Saint-Sauveur
Phone: +336 70 45 34 41
Indications and Side Effects
Cryolipolysis is a medical procedure and must be carried out under medical supervision.
Cryolipolysis is for all women and men looking for a non-invasive technique enabling them to get rid off localized fat pads that remain in spite of diets and a regular sports activity.
However, this technique only aims at eliminating localized fat deposits, apart from any severe overweight that might require a diet. If so, Cryolipolysis can not replace a diet.
Medical examination and nutritional advice are essential in order to optimize the treatment. Lymphatic drainages might usefully speed up the desired result.
Cryolipolysis is effective for any localized fat deposits :
- Arms (bat wings)
- Gynecomastia among males (excess development of mammary glands)
- Abdomen: stomach’s upper and lower sections (belly)
- Fat pads on the back
- Love handles
- Saddle bags
- Internal and external fat pads on thighs
- Internal and external fat pads on knees
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Fever or severe infectious process
- Poorly controlled diabetes with secondary complications
- Chronic infectious process with associated morbidity : AIDS, Hepatitis C...
- Dysfunction of an organ : severe liver disease, heart or renal failure...
- Active skin lesions in the treated area
- Inguinal hernia
- Varicose vein, thrombosis, thrombophlebitis
- Raynaud disease and hives due to the cold
- Unbalanced anticoagulation
- Systemic disease with skin condition : systemic lupus erythematosus, dermatomyositis, scleroderma
Possible side effects
- Erythema in the treated area, might last from a few minutes to a few hours
- Occasional localized bruise due to the suction process
- Possibility of paresthesia or dysesthesia in the treated area (loss of skin sensitivity, lasting up to 8 weeks
- Asthenia (tiredness) with an eventual feverish state, lasting less than 24 hours
- Slight pain during the process (mostly during the first 10 minutes)
- Dolorous treated area during 7 to 10 days, possible swelling, not disturbing the daily activities
- Exceptional side effects : possibility of fainting and superficial lesions due to the cooling effect
Precautions to be taken
- Do not treat area with stretch marks or recent scar : risk of worsening
- Do not treat scars due to recent Caesarean delivery (less than 1 year): risk of worsening
- During the week preceding and following the treatment, no UV session, tanning, sauna or steam room
- During the 2 weeks preceding and following the treatment, no aesthetic laser treatment or IPL